In today’s world of instant results, most people don’t realize that a truly effective SEO strategy needs to be planned months in advance. Your Google ranking has a lot to do with your business’s success. The biggest question that we In today’s world of instant results, most people don’t realize that a truly effective SEO strategy needs to be planned months in advance. Your Google ranking has a lot to do with your business’s success. The biggest question that we continually ask ourselves is if your link doesn’t appear on the first page of Google, does it even exist?
So how long does Google say it takes to see results from SEO?
Google says it can take up to 4 to 12 months for a page to appear on a positive search engine ranking.
But that’s not really a bad thing, despite how daunting SEO ranking can be at first.
And you’re in luck! We have a blueprint for you to create your own Technical SEO Plan utilizing these SEO strategy tips.
SEO Strategy Tip #1 – Goals
As with any successful plan, your SEO strategy needs to start with what your goals are. What is the end result of your plan and how do you measure it? Most often, a successful SEO strategy is measured through Key Performance Indicators or KPIs.
What are your KPIs?
Do you want to increase the growth of your business, blog, or social media following? Do you want to grow it organically or through mostly paid ads? What about return on investment? What kind of conversions are you looking for? What kind of keywords do you want to use?
These small details are all important when it comes to seeing the larger result. Just like with any other larger goal we set, we need measurable indicators to keep track of our progress.
Also read: How to Increase Social Media Engagement
SEO Strategy Tip #2 – Your Toolkit
There are a few things to consider to see if your SEO strategy will see success within a shorter time frame.
· How old is your website – newer websites will typically take a bit longer than websites with brands that have been around for a while. In fact, Google says that, on average, it can take between 9 to 12 months to see results for newer sites for an SEO strategy to show results.
However, you may see faster results by following Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. These guidelines can help with your Google Ranking and even improve your chances of getting to the first page of your search.
· Competition Strategy Research – It always helps to know how much competition you have in any given market. Your SEO strategy is no different. If your market is already highly saturated, then it might take you longer to see success.
· Keyword Research – However, less competition may shorten the time frame quite a bit. This is where keywords come into play. If there is a certain keyword that you find in your research that is mostly untapped, snatch it up! Google says that the right keyword can show results within 3 to 6 months.
· Technical SEO – Any good SEO strategy needs to have a backup plan in place. And often, these issues need to be addressed before you even click “post”.
Just a few of these issues include crawling, indexing, site speed, XML sitemaps, and more. If these issues are addressed, you’ll see your SEO ranking improve and see results in a much shorter time. Depending on the scope of your SEO strategy, some of these issues may be bigger fixes.
But if you address them up front, you’re more likely to see greater success.
· Content – It’s been drilled into us since Bill Gates coined the phrase in 1997 – Content is King. And Google agrees. Your Google ranking depends on the kind of content you produce. Creating high-quality and consumable content that matches the intent of the search shows a successful SEO strategy.
What kind of content do you produce or prioritize?
Are people looking at it? Are you just throwing something together in the hopes that eyes might look at it? Prioritize quality content, and your SEO ranking will improve at a faster pace than you thought possible.
· Backlinks – If your SEO strategy doesn’t include a backlink plan, you need to develop one. This isn’t a complicated plan, though. Depending on your audience, these links can build your business to new heights.
These links can lead to places like college or university studies, suppliers, and so on. This might require you to pay more attention to this piece of your SEO Strategy Toolkit than the others, especially when reviewing for broken links, but this is something that can help you establish your SEO ranking in a much shorter time as well.
Your Completed SEO Strategy
Each website and webpage is as unique and different as your own personal fingerprint. Because of that, it’s hard to know what element of this SEO Strategy Toolkit will require the most attention. As much of a guessing game SEO Strategy is, the right tweaks in the right places will help garner more visibility and allow for a greater reach.
SEO ranking is a long game. There isn’t any instant gratification. And it’s not just a one-and-done system. It requires a lot of work and oversight.
But with the right SEO strategy, you can see your website, your business, and so on, increase the visibility you want, and see worldwide success.